If you are reading this, most likely you have a operating system burned to a CD/DVD or a USB drive and would like to boot your mac system from it. If so then you’ve come to the right place.
How to boot your Mac System from a CD/DVD media:
- Insert your CD/DVD media.
- Turn your mac off by holding down the power key and or by clicking on the apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen, and click shutdown.
- Turn your mac on.
- Press and hold the ‘C‘ key on your keyboard once you hear the startup chime. (if this doesn’t work; some mac require you to press and hold the ‘C’ key simultaneously with the ‘Option‘ key.
- You should have successfully booted your mac from the CD/DVD media you’ve inserted earlier.
Tip: Make sure your CD/DVD is a bootable media.
How to boot your Mac System from a USB device:
- Insert your bootable USB device.
- Turn your mac on by pressing the power button.
- Press and hold the Option (⌥) key as soon as you hear the startup chime.
- Release the key once you see the startup options appear on the screen.
- Select the drive you would like to boot from.
The following image represents a similar screen you should be seeing:
If for some reason you are unable to boot from your CD, DVD or USB drive. Drop us a comment and we will be happy to help you out. Thank you for reading!